Just catching up on the Weekend Recap after taking a weekend off for Labor day. Hope everyone had an enjoyable and restful weekend. Just to get the week kick started, here’s a rundown of some interesting posts that I came across in the past week.
- Bill Gross, bond-king at PIMCO, released his most recent commentary, “On the ‘course’ to a new normal.”
- Bespoke Investment Group publishes its analysis of US stock returns vs. foreign market indexes in local currency. It’s not pretty.
- The Economic Policy Institute believes unemployment is soaring to historical heights.
- Angry Bear takes a look at polling results which show that most Americans are in favor of progressive taxes.
- Market Folly reports that Peter Thiel and Paul Tudor Jones’ respective hedge funds are betting against a sustained recovery in US equities.
- Contrarian Profits believes REITs remain a dangerous asset class.
- Value Plays takes a short term and long term look at Sears.